It is the season of mangoes, there are plenty of raw ripe mangoes available in the market, mango pickle is everyone’s favorite, and these pickles can be prepared at this Summer time, mango pickle can be prepared in many ways. It is good to cut the mangoes into small pieces. Because it is very convenient to eat small pieces of pickle.
Make pickle after it rains 3-4 times. As taste of mango becomes better after the raining so the taste of pickle also increases, and the pickle becomes more durable. While buying mangoes for making pickles, make sure to note that the mango you are taking for pickles is not a fiber-rich mango (the pickled mango doesn’t taste very good), and there is no defect in any of the other mangoes. Yes, then let’s start making mango pickle.
Mango Pickle Recipe - Aam ka Achar Recipe
- 1 kg Raw Mango
- 200 g Mustard Oil
- 1 pinch Heeng
- 100 g Salt
- 50 g Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 50 g Fennel (Saunf)
- 50 g Fenugreek (Meethi)
- 50 g Yellow Mustard (Sarso)
- 1 tsp Red Mirch Powder
Recipe of Mango Pickle - Step by Step
- Wash the mangoes with clean water and soak them in water for 12 hours. Take out the mangoes from the water, and dry their water.
- Cut the mangoes into small pieces with a knife. Grind fennel (Saunf), yellow mustard (Sarso) and fenugreek (Meethi) coarsely together.
- Put oil in a pan and heat it well. Turn the gas off. Put coarsely ground spices in the oil. Add Heeng, Turmeric powder and Chopped mangoes and mix them well. Now add salt and red chili powder. Mix the mango and spices well, stirring with a spoon, let the pickle cook for 5 minutes. Keep it covered so that the mango becomes soft slightly.
- The pickle is ready, but the mango pieces are not completely soft yet. Fill the pickle in a glass or plastic container and keep it in the sun or inside the room for 4-5 days and once a day stir the pickle up and down.
- After 4-5 days when the mango pieces have become soft. Put oil in the pickle to a level that it remains submerged in the oil. Now take out the mango pickle and eat it whenever you want. You can eat this pickle for 1 year.
- Whatever utensils are used while making pickle, they should all be dry and clean, no moisture and dirt should go in the pickle.
- The container for pickle should be glass or plastic, wash the container with boiling water and dry it well in the sun. The container can also be dried in the oven.
- Whenever you take out the pickle from the container, use a clean and dry spoon. Stir the pickle once in a week by stirring it up and down.
- If it is sunny, then keep the pickle in the sun for 1 day in 3 months, the pickles last for a long time and remain delicious too.